Interested in performing at Timucua?
If you are a visual artist interested in working live on stage or exhibiting your work, fill out this application.
- piano: 6’6″ K. Kawai RXA, handmade in Japan, regulated to be even and very responsive
- Sonor Special Edition Maple shells, 5 piece
- 3 rides and a crash (old K, Istanbul, Paiste)
- choice of two kicks:
- 20 inches, ported resonant head, foamed-in
- 18 inches, two full heads
- percussion: 2 congas, djembe, pandeiro, assortment of small hand percussion.
- upright bass: 19th century 3/4 German flat back with good sustain, easy to play. Recorded 20+ CD’S with Sam Rivers
- electric bass: not available right now
- bass gear: Phil Jones Super Flight Case
- guitar: Yamaha guitar with 2 humbuckers
- guitar gear:
- Crate Palomino 32w all tube class “A” 2 channel with footswitch
- Crate 5w all tube combo (for full out distortion)
- stage: 11.5 feet deep by 20.5 feet wide
- PA: Allen & Heath mixer with effects, 4 Tannoy powered speakers (2 800A, 2 V8).
- great sounding room with some additional acoustic treatment possible
- DPA mics (2 omni pairs, one omni high SPL, one cardiod pair, one additional cardioid, one clip on 4099)
- Custom made Stereo Ribbon Blumlein pair, handmade for Benoit by Denial Mesanovic in 2014
- misc mics (2 Langevin large diaphragm, 2 414, 4 Peluso, 1 Cascade ribbon, 9 vocal mics, Sony M/S mic, etc)
- CraneSong Spider front end (2X, for 16 channels of audiophile bliss)
- Lucid clock distritutor
- Sound Devices 702 (also available for field recordings)
- Reaper PC based recording rig, with a few good plug-ins
- 4 headphone sets capacity, but only one mix
- 4 Panasonic 3MOS cameras, all mounted on remote controlled TP heads, BMD live switcher, records ProRes HQ at 4:2:2 color re-rendering
- FCP X video editing
Sound check at 6PM. Only 30 minutes to sound check, so keep that in mind.
Artist’s corner and gallery
- 7 shelves for paintings, with some hooks available for hanging (two spots are limited to 32″ height)
- music stands for bio, cards, etc
- basic easel with adjustable height, stool available
- room for display (prints, etc), but no special stand or rack
- adequate lighting for the pieces as well as the live working area
- It is best to arrive at about 6:30pm to give Benoit time to hang and light the pieces.